Senior Planner, Digital
The Senior Planner is frequently the person the client turns to first as the Senior Planner is typically in daily contact with the client responding to requests and solving any media-related issues. To be most effective the Senior Planner must thoroughly understand the client business. In general this means a current knowledge of competitive activity gained through rigorous analysis; understanding and bearing in mind the perspective of the client(s) customer especially when participating in strategy discussions; having a comprehension of and appreciation for digital media, and actively including digital counterpart.
This individual will serve as the central contact for reporting and invoicing and will work with internal team members, clients and vendors while furthering their knowledge and experience of digital media buying and planning. Responsibilities will include but not limited to research, planning, trafficking, reporting, monthly reconciliation and insertion order development in relation to a number of digital marketing channels including: email, banner, co-registration, lead generation and contextual campaigns. They will work with the management team to evaluate channel performance for various Singer Direct clients and will help drive marketing strategies. In this role, the candidate will disseminate daily action items to both clients and media partners
By nature, a Senior Planner has to be curious and open to investigating unique opportunities to reach the target consumer, yet prepared to provide a point-of-view, recommendations, and alternatives regarding the various media channels. The Senior Planner is accountable for results, which can in part be defined as execution of the media plan; negotiating for the best value (price and impact); measuring media performance and optimizing site/placement after reviewing campaign results; offering tactical alternatives based on client needs and requests. The Senior Planner is the primary guide to take assigned Digital Specialist through the fundamentals of the planning process, to delegate responsibilities that will simultaneously meet business goals and contribute to the Digital Specialist’s development, and to provide directional and timely feedback.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly reporting to clients and media partners
- Compile and issue monthly client invoicing and internal reconciliation documents
- Working with ad-ops to ensure all plans have been set up properly in DART
- Trafficking of creative and other deliverables
- Creation of media buy authorizations and insertion orders
- Work with supervisor to develop media plan strategy
- Work closely with clients and vendors to maintain media buy performance and resolve any potential issues
- Analyze results and develop detailed campaign-end summaries
- Research and recruit potential new media partners
- Provide support during development of media plans for both existing and new business
- Basic knowledge of Digital Advertising Account Management and Production processes
- Pushes self to learn ever more about the application of the principles of media, marketing and advertising.
- Possesses a basic knowledge of the disciplines underlying these principles e.g. economics, journalism, psychology
- Student of the client industry and environment in which client operates
- Capable user of multi-digital vehicles; vigorously strengthens knowledge of the relationship opportunities between on-and-offline media
- Proficient mathematical abilities, aptitude for mathematical concepts
- Fluent user of Microsoft office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Solves problems with a minimum of noise
- Excellent presentation skill
- Conveys thoughts, ideas, feelings and decisions in a clear, concise and appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates both good verbal and written skills.
- Is a good listener
- Detail-oriented and organized with strong attention to follow-through
- Dependable, thorough and a keen ability to meet deadlines for assigned tasks
- Eager to grow and increase knowledge in digital marketing
- Knowledge in 3rd Party Ad Servers (DART, Atlas, MOJO, etc.) and online research tools (Nielsen, @Plan, AdRelevance, etc.) a plus
- BA/BS in marketing, communications or related field
- 1-2 years of digital media planning/buying experience
- Ideal candidate must be an adaptable, hands-on learner; possess superior organizational skills, and be able to coordinate multiple projects/assignments at one time